14 June 2011

It's been a long time...

I used to have an extensively introspective blog at WindowsLive. By that, I mean almost everything I wrote involved questioning my thoughts & opinions, or trying to suss out where they came from. It didn't get a lot of hits; controversy generates traffic faster than self-indulgence. But I had a few regular readers who kept bringing up subjects that I wanted to write about. I think it ended up being both productive and fun.

I liked that blog.

But eventually, my writing efforts began to move towards the blogs of other folks. I somehow found my way to Ray Comfort's blog, where a group of his critics joined forces to create a blog dedicated to that criticism. That, in turn, resulted in a forum where I've been writing and posting to frequently for the last 2 years.

I love that forum, and I care for many of the people who post to it.

But now I find myself wanting to get back to the self-indulgence a bit, and that's what this blog will be about. I value introspection, but I consider intellectual honesty to be a component of introspection that is both under-valued and misunderstood. It's not simply "being honest"; it involves the willingness to write/speak with authority only on things you understand, and to admit when your understanding is limited

Which ends up being nearly "all the freakin' time".

With that in mind, welcome!

No comments: